Friday, January 8, 2010

Fishing Report


Enroute to Royal Island, Eleuthra from Nassau, we trolled for fish.  On the starboard side, a cedar plug dressed with a blue and white skirt (much shredded from previous use.  Live-aboard crusiers are nothing if not those who use up every last bit of everything.  One never knows when/where you'll find another.)  On the port side, a pre-rigged ballyhoo, also sporting a blue and white skirt.  I like the blue and whites and have my best luck with them. 

After 30 minutes of tedious inaction, I had to resort to my friend Evie's secret weapon.  Evie is 5 years old and she has a never-fail fishing secret.  In my sweetest, most cajoling and fish-loving voice, I called, "Here, fishie, fishie, fishie."  Immediate results--strikes on both sides.  In no time at all, we reeled in our first fish.  Rats!  A Baracuda!

"Cut the line, watch out for those teeth."


"Hold him down.  I want to save the tackle."

"WAIT. A. MINUTE.  Get the book.  Save that fish!"

It was a King Mackerel over 30 inches long and his buddy of equal size joined him for a costly lunch.  Thanks, Evie.

Yummy in the tummy.  Love those Omega 3's.

2 comments:

Natruallynails said...

I am so proud!!!!!!!!!!! You are catching with your Catching POLE! Evie just laughed to hear that her call is still working. We have asked her to periodically call for the fish throughout her day for you. By the way Rosmarie nice legs!
I love this blog and miss you both terribly. Oh of course a little bit of jealous to hear of all the fun times and see the beautiful pictures. When is the warm weather going to come here??? Happy New Year I have a Christmas photo for you but silly me didn't save the return address from the "loot". shhhh.. would like to get that out to you or better yet I will just post the pics for you.
Stay safe and God Bless. xox
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Dear mum.
Very nice picture of you and your fish. You look great. Looks like you guys are having a great time and its nice to be able to follow you with your blog posts. The segment about the dogs was very informative. Hopefully this info can be of use to someone seeking help with dogs on boats. Liked the picture of steadfast and its bigger brother. Love you and take care. Niels and Chrissy:)