Monday, May 3, 2010

I Would Have Missed It All

As March was ending, and April began, you heard/read my wailings about having to leave the Bahamas, the ocean, the boat, the life of a sailor.  I did not want to come  home.  I did not want to face yet another month of terrible Canadian winter.  Thank you all for putting up with my rants and my spoiled-child syndrome.  I got over it.  It takes time, but I usually do.

Everyone says that it was the best winter they ever had here.  They say things like,

"If all winters were all like that one, who would ever go south again?"  

Still, I did see, feel, hate the snow when I got back.  But to be fair, that was when I travelled out west to see the grandkids, while here at home things have been unbelievably lovely.  Yesterday, as I was weeding the front garden, my neighbor strolled by and said,

"It's not even May 24th and already we are at the gardens!  Unheard of."

I live in southern Ontario, on the little spit of land between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.  This is the tender fruit area:  grapes, cherries, peaches, apples.  This means I am surrounded by orchards and fresh fruit all the time.  At this time of year, it means blossoms.  Blossoms like you would not believe, which is why I have to show you pictures so you will go:
"oooooo"  and  "awwww"














The lilacs and iris are in bud.  The birds are back in force, singing to the dawn and cooing in the dusk.Life is bursting out all over.

Just think:  I could have missed it all if I'd stayed in the Bahamas.  It is good to be home for spring.



8 comments:

Marice said...

for sure, you will miss all those lovely scenery :) hope you could link up your metal photos every Friday :)

Liz Mays said...

Oh my word, the loveliness is breathtaking!

Hannah Gold said...

Those pictures are breathtaking. Have you ever thought of sharing them at redgage.com?

Thank you for stopping by today!

VKT said...

Wow Rosemary, what lovely pictures. I wish we could grow lilacs here in NC but alas.....just can't do it. Our climate is too hot and humid for them.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous.
They say the Crocus are coming here. Snow fell this morning. I am excited for those moments here.

Veronica Lee said...

The pics are awesome! Picture-perfect!

Have a nice day, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous. Your a rocking photographer.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

What an interesting and exciting life you lead. Sailing to warm climates in the winter and then back home to a springtime of flowers. I could just smell those lilacs! I loved reading your blog. I'll be back soon.