Friday, July 2, 2010

Delightful, Dizzy Daisies

Kids are out of school.
Carnival is in town.
Daisies are in bloom.



It's Summer!

Daisies have perennially personified summer for me.  Every summer vacation, driving along the highways and byways, I would long to pull over and pick huge bouquets of these ubiquitous flowers.  On the occasions that I have managed a few sprigs, they have died, or smelled up the house quickly.  Remember hanging daisy chains around your neck, or wearing them in your hair like a crown? 



My garden now boasts several varieties of daisies:  Shasta Daisy, Purple Cone Flower, Brown-Eye Susans.  I only have these to show you today however. 


Welcome to my Summertime Friday Followers.  Enjoy the season, and don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.

9 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Those folowers are beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

I am Harriet said...

Hopping by from Follow Friday 40 and over.
My Shasta's bloomed and went a while ago.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/i-tend-to-go-for-ordinary-people-friday-following/

Anonymous said...

Daisies seem so innocent and fresh. It's the perfect summer flower. These are some mighty clear pictures you've taken for us. Good work. Hey, I don't blame you for not liking carnivals if they're bringing that kind of havoc into your neighbor. Ugh! But one thing about daisies, they don't require much fussing to get 'em looking as perky as they do in your pictures. The side of my house used to be filled with them. Smiles. :)

Haupi

Veronica Lee said...

Next to sunflowers, I love daisies. Great photogaphy!

Have a nice day, Rosemary.

Xenia said...

Great pictures! Daisies always make me think of Sleepless in Seattle where Meg Ryan describes them as such a "friendly flower." They're just so sweet!

I'm following from FF, have a great weekend!

http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love daises. They look so beautiful and they last for such a long time.

Beautiful pictures.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Daisys are the happiest flower I know. You can't look at a daisy and not have your heart sing. You took some great pics there, thanks for sharing.

Menopausal New Mom said...

Those flowers look so healthy! Last time I picked a bouqet of wild flowers, I ended up bringing a bunch of bugs in the house. Maybe next time I'll just take a few photos and enjoy those instead.

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful pics Rosemary. A daisy always makes a good cheery subject!