Friday, August 13, 2010

The Clock Is Ticking

Time is of the essence.
The faster I go, the behinder I get.
Haste makes waste.

Why is it that just when you want time to slow down, it speeds up, or vise versa.  I could really use some time-lapse glimpses of the future here, but no....things are moving like they are mired in clay. 

I have an agenda.
I'm in a hurry.
Hurry up and wait.

We're talking home reno here.  You know...it must be finished by mid-November. 
Yeah, right.

So, leaving the frenzic, frantic fits for another day--I am working on doing serenity. 
Peaceful thoughts.
Deep breaths.
Quiet tea breaks.

It will all come together, when it is meant to be. 
I will have a beautiful kitchen before hurricane season ends.
My house-home and my boat-home will have an even balance that only my fairy godmother can congure, and it will be perfect.

Now, on to something completely different: 

The Friday Follow Fun.

If you are new to Steadfast, grab a life vest and hang on.  You never know what's coming on the next big wave.  Leave some love in the comments box and I will get back at you.  I need all the encouragement you can muster.  Have a great weekend, Everybody.

4 comments:

MissKris said...

We had a major remodeling job done several years ago, the one bathroom in the house stripped down to the studs and sub-floor. Was THAT ever interesting! If it wasn't for great neighbors who allowed me to use their homes to go to the bathroom during the day...well, it would've been more interesting, I'm sure, ha! My husband and I are primitive campers, going out into the middle of nowhere with usually dry camps, so we had a solar shower we strung up in the basement above a floor drain. We'd fill it up with hot water in the morning for each shower and away we'd go. It was amazing how well that worked, too, but were we ever glad to get it all over with. Oh, and I'm following you back...thank you for the lovely comment about my blog. I kind of go to the beat of my own drummer when it comes to blogging. I don't Follow and I don't have a Follow gadget on my blog, either. But most of the time, on the Blogger toolbar at the top of my blog page, I see "Follow" over towards the left-hand corner. I think that will hook you up with me. Thanks for stopping by!

Matty said...

Life is just like that. We have a plan, and life has another agenda for us. It's all about being flexible and adapting. In other words, learning how to hit the curve ball.

Heather said...

November isn't that far away. Just trying to help.

Thanks for stopping by the other day. Have a great weekend.

Jennifer Farris said...

Nothing like home renovation to make you feel like your whole life is in a holding pattern! But such a good feeling when you reach completion.

Jennifer
www.thefarriswheel.blogspot.com