Thursday, December 9, 2010

Almost There

I am writing today to report significant progress in the kitchen: 
Hurrah!! 

Countertops. 
We opted for soapstone, black with white veining.  They came out even better than I had hoped. 

The pantries are in, the island and the laundry room are done, and the powder room is being papered today.  There are so many workers here right now, both Hubby and I are hiding in our respective offices to keep from being run over.
Check out the six trucks (and my dirty window) crowded into our driveway.


Tools of the trade

Jim and John working to figure out how the hood insert is supposed to be installed.


Mark is in over his head...making the over/under pullout work.

Mr. Paperhanger is set up in the kitchen, applying glue and then carefully carrying wet paper to the powder room for installation.

Two electricians and a co-op student arrive and decide it's too crowded for them to work here at the same time as everybody else.


Appliances are due on Saturday, the plumber on Monday, the painters and electricians when they feel free to do so.  We're almost there!  It's beginning to look like Christmas can happen here after all.

7 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is so excited. I love when big projects come together and then you can just sit back and enjoy.

Unknown said...

Wow, Looking amazing. But don't take the pressure off just yet. I am excited to see what it will look like with the new pantry and all.

Love you,
Chrissy

Manzanita said...

When you take those final pictures there will be fireworks and bands playing. I can't think of any more pressure in life than remodeling and you are holding up so well. You're a real trooper. Congratulations.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Congratulations, looks like you're almost there. Soon you can heave that big sigh of relief! We were still at the stage last Christmas where we didn't even have all our walls built, yet here we are today all tucked up, enjoying our Christmas decorations and entertaining, and all the things real humans who aren't remodeling do. Wishing you a speedy last stage!

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the end results!!

I'm back from my vacation, Rosemary!! WOW!! We found this little slice of heaven in Bintan Island. I've shared the pics in my post today.

Have a nice day!

Heather said...

Wow. You got a lot going on there. I bet it is all going to look and be great!
Anxious to see the finished product.

Pat Tillett said...

It looks like you are going to make it! Keep the thumb on 'em...