Saturday, December 3, 2011

Some Things Are Too Good Not To Share


The older we get, the more important safety becomes, and so it is with a sigh of relief, we welcome the Ontario Government's Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) program, rolling into full swing at the start of the holiday season.

Experiences with  drinking and driving can get you in hot water faster than  you can say, "But, Osscifffffer, I only had one!"  As we well know, brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years is never pretty.

Well, I actually did something about it:

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some Palm Springs friends and had a few too many whiskeys as well as champagne.  Knowing full-well I may have ben "slightly" over the limit, I did something I've never done before--I took a bus home.

 I arrived back safely and without incident, which was a real surprise because I had never driven a bus before.





12 comments:

Amos the Lion Heart said...

wow! good for you! now if only my town had busses... good thing I have a live-in DD! :)

Roy and Christine said...

: )

Sush said...

LOL You Go Girl!

betty said...

LOL; one brave woman you were!! But so wise to designate a driver, no matter if that driver is driving a bus!

betty

Lucy said...

Wait to ride the bus or drive it? LOL

No, I am assuming you were a good girl, way to go!!!!

Southhamsdarling said...

That did make me smile today, Rosemary!

Tami said...

What a wonderfully wise and creative way to outwit the police. :)

Unknown said...

Good for you! I've always wanted to see how it is to steer with that big wheel! haha.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good for you! I never drink and drive.

A couple years ago I was at a pajama party at a friend's. Most were staying over but I had something going on the next morning so couldn't. I still wore my jammies, though. I got stopped in the RIDE program while driving home at midnight in my red flannel jammies. Ha! I wasn't drinking because I was driving but I can only imagine what the cop was thinking. Ha!

Unknown said...

Good one :)

Veronica Lee said...

Way to go, R!

Pat Tillett said...

GOT ME! That was one of the funniest things I've read in a while!

Hey, I thought people "up there" went to Palm Springs during the winter and not the other way around?